Mindfulness meditation is one of the most effective methods for long-term treatment and dealing with addictive behaviors, such as substance abuse, eating disorders, gambling addiction and more.
Mindfulness is a mental practice that has been at the forefront of scientific research in recent years, has been clinically tested in over 4000 studies and has been found helpful in a wide range of physical and psychological struggles.
Practicing mindfulness leads to higher levels of health, mental resilience, peace and happiness. This approach governs the human brain to a computer, and as with any computer, you can make a restart (restart) so that we can insert new, good and healthy content.
In fact, during addiction thinking becomes distorted, which causes us to act by automatic impulses, when we keep coming back to the same place, even when we really don’t want it.
Like lab rats running on a wheel, so we act on the impulse that keeps us repeating our act of addiction.
The thinking and memory of man are stronger than anything else, and our mind is already activated automatically, the mindfulness method allows to exit the destructive automaton, into a state of new choice, an informed and free choice.
With NLP we are promoting new beliefs instead of the old ones so you can get back to yourself.
CBT / DBT – Cognitive behavioral therapy
It is the method proven with the strongest results.
This method differs from other psychological treatment methods in that it emphasizes the combination of the triangle – cognition (thinking), action and behavior.
CBT focuses primarily on behavior and thinking patterns, learning and practice, and providing tools for processing and decision making. For this reason, the therapeutic relationship is at eye level, as the patient talks about his or her various difficulties, and the skilled therapist using this method of treatment helps the patient to better understand the problem and how to deal with it.
The course of treatment is active, that is, the patient is active during treatment.
For example, he receives assignments between sessions to help him cope and better understand his thinking and behavior processes.
Through experience and practice, the patient manages to impart more optimal behavior and change his thinking patterns. In fact, the treatment helps the patient reach a state of flexibility where there has been a lot of blemishes in the past
The treatment is well-structured and well-known to the therapist, the treatment is not general and is goal-oriented and short-term, and for these reasons its results are measurable.
DBT – behavioral dialectical treatment method
It is a method of therapy and is now considered to be the first line in treating disorders of emotional regulation in general and of borderline personality disorders in particular, particularly effective in cases of eating disorders, substance abuse, anger management, coping with difficulties and explosive situations and more …
The method helps patients to cope with the mental facets and the different situations that they come up with in the process and beyond.
There is a certain uniqueness for several reasons –
* Focuses on 3 main areas: individual care, skill set and telephone training in crisis situations.
* Behavioral dialectic combines deep acceptance and striving for behavioral change – on the one hand, a lot of acceptance, contemplation and validation (the Buddhist component) and, on the other hand, intensive practice of change methods (the behavioral component).
* Behavioral dialectical treatment requires teamwork within a shared relationship – within the therapeutic setting it is essential that all “team members” – the individual therapist, the skills group supervisor and of course the patient himself – work together to achieve change and progress.
* Learning and practicing DBT, as it is, is partly guided by the basic principles of behavioral therapy – learning skills, simulations and role-playing games, questionnaires and forms, thorough analysis of problem behavior patterns (self-destructive behaviors, substance use, self-harm and more) and building An effective behavioral alternative to replace them.
* Professionalism and Skills Therapists – DBT therapists constantly switch between an offensive and receiving position and a teaching and practicing position. DBT therapy requires the therapist a great deal of professional skill. He is therefore committed to thorough and lengthy training.
All of these factors together are the ones that drive DBT treatment and make it especially effective, with the main goal of therapy being to help the elderly to live a more successful life, especially in the interpersonal context, despite the different emotions they experience.